Wednesday, July 1, 2009

07/01 Daily Summary

Today was a great day! I got out of my MNX Iron Butterfly with a bit over 10% ROI and got a decent recovery on my SPX Iron Butterfly. The RUT position took a bigger than anticipated hit because of my contingent order to perform a butterfly roll. I made comments on the trade's page as to how to avoid such situation in the future.

One thing important to notice: P&L during the intra-day was all over the map once again! I had both my Iron Butterfly positions showing me being down by over 6%, when I new, from Yesterday's risk profile chart that this would not be very likely. I was supposed to be near B/E on SPX and not down by that much on RUT. Well, by the end of the day the P&L "shrinked" back to the expected levels. This happened to me before and having the previous day's profile in the blog is helping me by a LOT!

Position's details:
07/01 SPX Iron Butterfly
07/01 RUT Iron Butterfly
07/01 MNX Iron Butterfly *Closed*

No comments: