Thursday, September 30, 2010

09/30 Daily Summary

Looks like Market makers finally came to their good sense in pricing these option contracts, all of a sudden the volatility dropped as I was expecting it to do, since we’re approaching the last two weeks of the OCT cycle. I’ve started looking at my condorizing options, and it seems that if we don’t move much Tomorrow I’m better off not touching the trade and waiting a few extra days next week to condorize the position and protect my short strikes. If everything goes well and NDX stays quiet for Friday and Monday I should be in a very good position to reach my goal early next week.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/29 Daily Summary

Volatility kept my recovery on stand-by Today, the good news is that we're approaching max time decay time, as next week rolls in market makers will have to let go off the volatility and prices on the front-month options. I'm still in the game and am keeping my game plan the same as Yesterday.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9/28 Daily Summary

Still in the trade and working my way back up, I’ve added some theta to the position and am looking to stay in the trade, with the expanded time decay working in my favor, if we find a few days of hesitation in the market then we can get this trade recovered quite fast. So far so good, working on it with full attention and intention to turn it around.

Monday, September 27, 2010

9/27 Game Plan

After some studying I've decided to play to Win this OCT position! I know we had a rough start, but as long as I got Today's break I'll push it, add Theta and stay on top of the trade.

9/27 Daily Summary

Ok, ok, first of all, I feel bad for being away for such a prolonged time, I was on vacation, then cut my vacation short to travel to Europe for work. Now finally back, recovering from a bunch of 12+ hours days and little to no time to dedicate to my trading and market evaluation. I’ve ended up messing myself up this OCT cycle, as you can see on my dashboard, I failed to properly hedge the trade as the market moved higher. Typically I’d have 2 contingent orders, this time around, because of I dedicated little time and attention to the trade’s first week I failed to protect against the up-side, sure enough we moved higher pretty quickly and I got left with almost no room to go. I was contemplating shutting the trade down this morning, but we got a brief market break and I intend to leverage on it: will move a few short spreads around and stay in the trade with the goal to recover and land it at or around break-even.

Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20 Daily Summary

I have been traveling for the past week, got on a trade during off-work our while in Europe, so it is kind of hard to manage the position, certainly not as easy as in the US, at least I'm in.. Don't have access to all my tools yet, just barelly the trading station, but here we go.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/9 Daily Summary

Approaching trading time for the OCT contracts, so far I'm not in a hurry, as I'm waitting for a down-side day so volatility gets pumped up. Not to mention I'll be traveling for the next few weeks, so will have to coordinate my work schedule with the trading time-frame.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

9/8 Daily Summary

Certainly an active environment out there, notice we're still pushing higher on the 5-day vol chart and as per the intra-day activity, we have had over 1 st deviation days to almost 60% of the days in the past 30 days.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7 Daily Summary

Seems like we took a break from the up-side movement. Yet on the 5-day price spike chart things are still with an up-side momentum. I'm approaching the "hunting season" for the October iron butterfly, this will be an interesting cycle as I've got some travel approaching, so will have to rely on contingent orders and my ability to manage the position with a limited schedule.

Friday, September 3, 2010

9/3 Daily Summary

We have been pushing really hard to the up-side, one major 2+ st. deviation days followed by a couple 1+ st. deviation days back-to-back, wow, it is getting rough out there..

Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/2 Daily Summary

It seems we're still excited about moving higher.. For now I'm just watching and waitting for the time to get back in with the Iron Butterfly.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1 Daily Summary

Here is why I love the Iron Butterflies, more often than not you're out of the trade quickly.. :) Huge spike up Today and I'm totally out of the market and not feeling the need to jump back in :)