Thursday, July 2, 2009

07/02 Daily Summary

Nothing like having your trades take care of themselves when the market goes wild. The contingent orders did their job and fired up soon after we opened. I found some time mid-morning to add a new set of contingent orders and published a mid-day update in the blog.

One thing to notice: More and more I rely on the previous' day P&L curve to base my decisions during the intra-day price action. Today for example, I had my P&L all over the map, from being down $500 to being up $150 in a matter of minutes!! Well, it is still dancing around and will settle down at the end of the day, however, without some sort of guidance it becomes hard to make any type of decision, so the having the previous' day profiles here at the blog is helping a lot. I see a lot more discrepancy in the SPX than in the RUT trade.

Position Details:
07/02 SPX Iron Butterfly
07/02 RUT Iron Butterfly

No comments: