Tuesday, July 7, 2009

07/07 Daily Update

First a bit of housekeeping: I posted my results for the JULY positions, see the link on the left-side navigation. I am also looking to add a Double Diagonal for AUG/09, giving the current market sell-off, I'm going to scale the position little by little, I plan on entering the first half (or third) Tomorrow, depending on how the market is moving.

My two paper positions are giving me a workout. They both took another hit Today. By the look on the charts, I think Tomorrow will be another down-day, I sure am glad these are not live positions.

My lessons here is mainly to be careful when adjusting to the up-side, there were things I did that could be avoided, such as adding PUT credit spreads, and keeping the adjustment contingent orders too close to the price. I'll run a day-by-day review of these paper trades with all the improvements that could be made.

Current Positions:
07/07 SPX Iron Butterfly
07/07 RUT Iron Butterfly

No comments: