Wednesday, July 29, 2009

07/29 IBM Calendar

Posted a little bit of profits Today, still keeping the contingent orders. Since I have time, a quick note about my contingent orders for calendars:

Because I like to add calendars as adjustments *only* if we are closing at the adjustment point, my contingent order only triggers at the last 30 minutes of trading. So I use the feature in TOS to only start the order in the last half hour of trading. If prices are beyond the adjustment point, then the order will add the second calendar, otherwise, it won't do anything. I only do this because Calendars tend to have a less aggressive risk profile, so they can wait for adjustment, as Dan Sheridan says, I don't have to "jump on the hand grenade" right away (its his bad analogy, not mine) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.