Monday, July 13, 2009

07/13 SPX Iron Butterfly

WOW!! In all of Friday's excitement, I forgot to check one KEY issue with my position as of last Friday.. Take a look at its Last Friday's profile, and see if you can tell for yourself what it is..

.. I'll give it some time to further explain it later. Today, I was shocked to see the position losing money when SPX moved up, at first I thought it was the normal P&L oscilation, but then I double-checked my records and realized I had missed this one key item, and it hit me right on the head Today...

See the Vega in last Friday's chart, with Today's up movement being long that many vega just crushed the trade. VIX dropped over 9% Today, and along went my paper profits.. I left the trade on, let's see what Tomorrow brings. Today I was careful to double-check the greeks, they all seem to be in check, let's see..


No comments: