Saturday, August 15, 2009

AUG/09 Trades

I hit a rough spot in August. Looking on the positive side of things, I preffer to think that I spent some money to discover that there are only a few strategies that are making money for me in this environment. Does it mean the other strategies don't work? Of course not! All it means is that perhaps they don't work for me! The best thing about trading is that we all do it a little bit differently, and therefore, there is room for everyone.

Position's Details:
08/04 RUT 30-Day Iron Condor
08/03 SPY Double Diagonal
08/18 IBM Calendar
08/19 MNX Iron Butterfly

2 comments:

Paoli said...

Hi Gustavo,

Curiously enough, I was thinking the same thing today, so many strategies to learn and try! to me, so far, it seems to be a fascinating 'game' of number and I'm loving it!. Right now I'm studying so many things about the trading process you can't imagine!

My regards to everyone at home... including Lola!

Gustavo's Trades said...

Hi Paoli!! I'm so glad you like it!! This is a great process and I am very fascinated by it as well!

There is the technical side of it, and there is the emotional side of it as well. Controlling the trader's emotions is a HUGE factor.

So, needless to say, it is quite a challenge, but worth every minute of study and dedication!

Lola says Hi! I hope you guys are doing well! Send my regards to everyone as well! I'm looking forward to seeing you all in September!

Take care!
Gustavo