Wednesday, October 7, 2009

10/06 RUT Iron Butterfly

Had I been watching the market at the close on Monday, I'd have removed at least one of the two 520 Puts I had, because I was traveling, I had contingent orders to do so, and we closed 1 point before triggering that contingent order :)

So, come Tuesday morning, as I rushed my way out of the airport and into the computer, I watched the market evaporate the value on the 520Puts.. Add the jet lag and fatigue (24hours traveling + 1 overnight flight) to the mix and I honestly was like a deer in the headlight... I took action, but it was late in the game, so the RUT dove back inside the hole.. Now I added contingent orders to stay with it, as there is still profit potential in the position, provided we stay quiet for a few days..

No comments: