Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10/14 Daily Summary

We moved a bit under 1.5 st. deviation on RUT and MNX. One thing to notice is that this move was mostly done in the first hour of trading, after that the market just moved higher slightly. I observed the Vertical Solutions' forecast was lagging behind, showing down-ward pressure, while the FinViz was showing a brigh-green heat map with stronger Advancing vs. declining issues.

This non-confirmation of sorts told me that it was unlikely for the market to push much higher and that if an adjustment was needed, it could be done by end of day. I closed the last remaining short strikes on my MNX and am ready to re-load the NOV iron Butterflies.

Position's Details:
10/14 MNX Iron Butterfly

Price action & Charts:

2 comments:

gman316 said...

Excellent job on the MNX which probably more than made up for the RUT. For Oct my NDX did slightly better than RUT. NDX actually felt easier to manage the last few months so not really sure why that is, maybe different price movement etc...

Gustavo's Trades said...

Thanks Gary!

Yes, the MNX was much easier to manage this month. I've been noticing the RUT is slighly "edgy" when compared to MNX, if you check the daily price action spreadsheet I post, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Gustavo