Friday, February 5, 2010

02/05 OEX Weekly Iron Condor


This week’s position was a great example of having time on your side. The OEX took a deep dive between Thursday and Friday. From 505 to a low point of 481 on Friday! One standard deviation is about 6.5 points, we moved about 12 points per day. And the position made money!

I have to admit, at one point Today I hesitated and almost, ALMOST closed the trade for break-even. I kept my head in the game and decided not to mess with my probabilities, and simply accept the results. Needless to say, it paid off.
This strategy is super simple, yet it requires one to have courage to trade the probabilities and accept the results. You expect to win more than you lose over time, but losing is still part of the game. This week we won! :)


1 comment:

Roland said...

Thanks for the post!