Wednesday, July 15, 2009

07/15 Daily Summary

Today was rough on my SPY Double Diagonal, I'm less than 1 standard deviation away from my short strike, the odds are not so good. I'm not immediately closing the position, instead I'll close a few contracts and then adjust the remaining. I want to make money, and shutting things down just locks in the loss.


Both Paper Iron Butterflies took a dive to max loss Today. As I explained in their detailed posting, I didn't close the trades in the platform just to see how it behaves, but for all documentation matters they can be considered busted!


Soo, I am now doing a backtesting challenge for the MNX Iron Butterfly, I have to adapt the way I'm adjusting the trade, it is clear to me I over-adjusted the live JUN and JUL positions, and specially clear I over-adjusted the RUT and SPX paper butterflies. So, there you have the commitment is on.


Detailed Postings:
SPY Double Diagonal
MNX Iron Butterfly Backtesting Challenge
RUT Iron Butterfly
SPX Iron Butterfly

No comments: