Thursday, July 16, 2009

07/16 SPY Double Diagonal

As per my Double Diagonal Adjustment plan, when we reached the short strike I rolled 2 contracts and cut the delta in 1/2. My goal when rolling was to do it with the least possible ammount of contracts, to keep the original ones working for as long as possible, should the market retrace, this will be helpful.

Yesterday I spent some time analyzing the best course of action (Close, adjust or do nothing?) and came up with some pretty interesting conclusions, I'll post them in a separate blog entry. I also realized something that I'm making my trading mantra:

"In trading (and in life), no matter what you do, there is always a possible outcome that will prove you wrong. Be not afraid of being wrong."


Position's History:
07/15 SPY Double Diagonal
07/14 SPY Double Diagonal

07/13 SPY Double Diagonal *New*

No comments: