Thursday, April 16, 2009

04/16 MNX 45-Day Condor

MNX seems to be holding gains better than RUT, maybe it is the fact that volatility is dropping more here. Yet, both positions are still bugging the up-side stop. Sooner or later the elephant will get tired and back off..

Dashboard and Profile:

4/16 RUT 52-Day Condor

RUT pushed back up Today, dropped P&L back down, still doing this dance, now around 475, up-side stop around the 485 zone (short Call delta at or above 31). No fill on the PUT spread for .10c.

Profile and Dashboard:

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

04/15 OIH 30-Day Condor (NEW)

Entered the 30-day condor on the OIH Today, I have decided to simplify the management strategy, so for now, my only adjustment is hedging the position to cut its delta in half if and only if it hits 50% of the max loss. Otherwise, I'll just close the spreads when they reach 80% of the profit potential.

Notice I performed a price study on several candidates earlier on the week. I have posted both the price study and possible trades on Monday.

Bellow are trading plan, price profile and price chart:

04/15 EWZ Double Diagonal

I am glad I didn't bypass my rules and adjusted the UP-side sooner, I'd be upset with myself by adjusting earlier. So, on a personal note, I'm glad that I was able to stick to my plan of adjusting if EWZ at or above 45.30, as you can notice, price backed off from those levels, so we got a few extra days of time decay. Every little bit counts.

On a second note, the PUT spread came off Yesterday. I'm glad that it was filled and we locked in 90% of the profits from the PUT side.

Dashboard and Profile:

04/15 MNX 45-Day Condor

MNX recovered well this past 2 days, almost back at B/E level. I also noticed the PUT spread is not yet comming off, let's see if we get it filled in the next few days. Volatility Drop is helping along, and the fact that MNX moved back inside the cone is another big plus.

Profile and Dashboard:

04/15 RUT 52-Day Condor

RUT is performing well. The PUT spread is not going out for .10c, even though the Mid price is showing .08c. I believe that it is only a matter of time, maybe Tomorrow.

Profit&Loss is recovering, the fact we are staying around the 460 level for a few days is helping to buy time and the up-side stop continues to move further away thanks to time-decay.

I have created contingent orders for the next 2 days, so may only check it back on Friday or over the weekend.

Dashboard and Profile:

Monday, April 13, 2009

04/13 Vacation in Brazil

YES!!

I'll be enjoying some time with my family back in Brazil for the next 3 weeks. Who knows, maybe more. Tomorrow will be a traveling day, so for the first time I'm trying something new with the contingent orders: multiple-days..

For my normal contingent orders I have a set of 3 orders on OCO. My normal process is to start with a small mark+something offer, then if the market continues to move against, I go with a small increment as a second offer. Finally I have a BID/ASK continent in case the first 2 offers didn't get accepted. This has been my normal mode for the past, these are DAY orders that I re-create every night.

Well, since I'll be traveling, I created an OCO package with two sets of 3 orders. The first set is configured to be triggered and cancelled on the 14th, the second set is configured for the 15th.

The reason for placing them in the same OCO package is because I won't be monitoring if they get triggered, so if something happens Tomorrow, I don't want the same order to trigger again on Wednesday...